Pages

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Pintucking and Box Pleating

I've never before done either one, but had so much fun with this apron.  



One of my favorite things about having sewing skills is that when you need babysitting but can't pay for it, you can offer to make something in trade.  One of my favorite things about having young, hip friends is that they tend to love handmade things and it all works out quite nicely at times.  For this friend I'd offered a number of ideas of things I could make for her, but since I left it open-ended, she sent me a link from a popular high-end retailer with "Can you make something like this?" in the subject line.

Why, yes, I can make something like this!  And I thoroughly enjoyed the simple but patient fine-tailoring of the details.  The original was made of solid fabrics in several different colors, but this combination of prints did just fine.  In fact, I'm scheming on whether or not I could make this into a sundress, as it is just way too pretty to just be an apron.

No comments:

Post a Comment