Pages

Saturday, April 13, 2013

[Quilt #12] Baby Girl Crib Quilt


All fabric is from Joel Dewberry's Modern Meadow, and I wish I could buy more and more of that line and makes lots of these!  I also wish it was as easy to quilt a throw-size quilt as it is to quilt a crib quilt; it was very satisfying to sit at the machine for just an hour and have this all quilted up!

While designing this quilt I learned to measure/calculate and work with the triangles to piece the 45-degree squares into a square block.  I also learned how great a trick it is to quilt in an "x" across such blocks instead of around the edges.  In using the kaleidoscope blocks I learned that you've really got to get those corners where the kits meet the diamonds super tight and secure - without tight seams these will wear quickly and need repair.  I had to go back over this quilt after I was finished and tack those down just to make sure.

Ahhh... I could stare at this quilt for hours.  Well, the pictures of it anyways, even though I hung it upside down when I photographed it!  It has been safely delivered and opened with joy at a most beautiful baby shower.  I know it brought the new mama joy and I hope this little baby girl loves it for a very long time!  


No comments:

Post a Comment