Pages

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

All Done Up [Quilt #10]


It's not as perfect as I aimed for, but I'm pleased with it.  I think my sewing machine needs servicing - we didn't have the same great chemistry that I've had - more little puckers that I couldn't find my way out of.  I'm really happy with how the different fabrics came together.  Most are from Sarah Watts' Timber & Leaf, two are from Fairmount Park by Lonni Rossi, and it seems I can't design a quilt without some Joel Dewberry (in this case Modern Meadow) thrown in.  There were 4 other prints from my fabric order that didn't combine as well in real life as what I thought I was seeing on my computer monitor, but that's just fine - they'll make great additions to my stash!


As usual I didn't buy enough backing fabric and so a little creativity with leftovers stood in the gap just fine.

I hope this quilt brings beauty and encouragement and a little joy into my dear friend's life during this hard time of losing her home and everything in it.  I was too emotional and a bit insecure about it to give it to her myself; so I sent it along with another friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment