Pages

Monday, March 25, 2013

Kindle Cover by Request

 By request, and maybe kinda never again.  This stuff is tough!  Matching up all those little edges, stitches, and the triangles just so, so that they actually hold the Kindle in.  This had to be a very zen-like project, slow and steady, little bit by little bit so as not to make a mistake.  I didn't use a pattern or tutorial (maybe I should have?!)  and I had to undo stitches a few times to get things exactly right, and sad that there's a bit of double topstitching so that it doesn't look completely polished; working with plastic inserts for stability was a first, but it looks and works mighty fine.  This was a special request for a great friend and wonderful person who boldly and beautifully heads up our childrens' ministry at church, and who made me the most wonderful cards as a birthday gift.  Since it was her birthday recently, I'm happy to return a gift!





No comments:

Post a Comment