Pages

Friday, March 22, 2013

Quilt Show!

Being a homeschooling mom of two very active little boys, and being wife to a wonderful husband who has in recent years been a working musician, quilting seems to happen most late at night, when I'm by myself.  I don't know anyone else, in real life, who quilts.  When I am stumped about how a layout is coming together or how I should go about quilting a particular quilt, I have no one to ask.  The internet can be very helpful to a point, but there are still plenty of those moments when I've got fabric spread all over my bed and I'm standing there staring at it... staring... staring... getting no closer at all to a solution.

But this might change in the future, after going to my first quilt show!  My husband was leaving one weekend for a fishing trip, to be gone 3 days, and as I was looking around for a fun way to fill some of my solo time with the boys, I stumbled across an announcement there would be a quilt show.  SERIOUSLY?  A QUILT show?!  And right around the corner from us!  I was ecstatic.  "Hey BOYS!  How would you like to go - well, wouldn't it be FUN to go together to look at some really awesome quilts and fabric and stuff like that at a show?"  They actually said it would be!  I wasn't that surprised, these boys do take an interest in what I love, especially since I often make things for them.  

So we went!  And we all had fun!  And the quilts were just so beautiful, and so much inspiration was gleaned.  And as it turns out, the show was put on by a local guild that meets monthly and I am going to try to find myself available on those nights so I can meet some quilters in real life.  

I took many pictures at the show but don't want to post many since in the busyness of keeping up with little boys at a quilt show I wasn't able to document the maker of each one, but here's my cute little quilt lovers:


It means so much to me that these boys are interested in what I do, and that they enjoy looking at quilts and playing with fabric.  My dad so sweetly commented that it's because of the way I invest in them and teach them and share things with them.  Maybe that's it, but regardless, I'm so glad that things that are important to me are making an impact on my boys.  It's something happy to think about during those late nights, when I'm staring at fabric, stumped.  

No comments:

Post a Comment